Autumn 2018 deliveries!

It’s not a very exciting back!

2 Likes

I’m sure that Apple put a lot of magnets into the back of it, does it feel like it’s on there quite sturdy or is it easy to pull off?

Quite sturdy. They’re strong enough that it’s possible to pick up the iPad by just grabbing the unfolded case (so only attached by the back magnets).

2 Likes

Great to hear. I’ve had bad experiences with iPads and magnetic covers in the past, so I needed to know. Thanks :slight_smile:

iPad Pro 12.9":

7 Likes

My current iPad Pro is a 12.9 (1st edition). What’s your experience with using it as an actual laptop sitting in your lap with the two positions available for the keyboard.

(The screen on my MacBook Pro needs to be repaired and I’m considering getting a new iPad Pro as a replacement since workflows now exist that will make what I do work)

The new 12.9” is definitely more “lappable” than the old one. I don’t find that the two angles has much to do with that though (the “lap” angle is almost exactly the same as the only angle on the old Smart Keyboard). It’s much more about the whole setup being more stable. This seems to be because the bottom part is one solid piece and because the magnets are stronger.

3 Likes

The new size of the 12.9 is very nice (coming from the original). The true tone display is also a nice step up. The doubled sample rate of the pencil is not noticable for me.

Pencil 2.0: silly thing, but I love the new length. Now it feels right. The matte finish is also a great improvement over the glossy previous one. Double-tap will take a few days to master (and avoid activating by mistake) but this will also be a great upgrade.

Using the space grey iPad and Smart Folio I wonder why Pencil only comes in white…

4 Likes

I’m hanging out in an Apple store waiting for a Genius Bar slot, so I had a chance to handle the new 11” and 12.9” side by side. I’d say the difference is noticeable, but not as big as you’d think. The 12.9” should be an option for a lot of people who it wouldn’t have been before.

3 Likes

Anyone have tips for stickers? the new folio case is SO plain!