Awesome email greetings

Do you have an awesome email greeting you want to share?

I have the standard “Sent from my iPad” set up in Mail.app.

When the iPhone first came out a partner at a law firm I knew would have his secretary send his emails with the addendum ‘dictated but not read,’ something I’d often seen in letters from lawyers and C-level people, but not emails. I thought it was amusing - especially since the emails already appended the standard ‘Sent from my iPhone’ so I made it my signature for a while as a joke.

It merely caused confusion.

2 Likes

I have “Autocorrect got me again!” on most of the accounts on my iPhone to cover myself in case I miss a typo.

2 Likes

That’s a good one as Well :grinning:

Misspellings courtesy of Siri.

2 Likes

I would not call this “awesome” and it is certainly not creative but I include this quote for personal emails: “A good man does not ask the way which is the most pleasant walking, but what is the right way.”

3 Likes

see Your Email Signature

1 Like

This e-mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

11 Likes

I admit I make fun of those automatic and corporate signatures by adding to my own:

« Sent from some device using hands.
Please note that if you intercepted that email, it’s really not that interesting. »

2 Likes

I used to have, “Typed with my thubms”

5 Likes

Not a clever signature, but a very useful one:

Please note: In order to be more productive, I avoid interruptions by turning off alerts and checking my email only once or twice a day. If you need an immediate response, please either call or text me at

2 Likes

In the era of IoT: „Sent from my fridge“.

5 Likes

iPhone - “Sent from my Typewriter”

3 Likes

I don’t understand this one, aren’t you just trading an asynchronous interruption for a synchronous one?

An old boss tried this method also - autoresponder on her email during tax season - and was flooded w/phone calls that she always took. Then wondered why she wasn’t very productive.

That is great Glen! I’m going to make myself a slightly adapted version of the same, if you don’t mind?

Go ahead, I found it somewhere years ago.