Bad Dog! When Your Dog Gets Your Apple Pencil

When I returned from my run, I found this.

Looks like I’m headed to the Apple Store. :angry:

And she looks so innocent, “just chewing on a stick in the backyard.” :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

First your car, now the pencil, you’re having a bad time of it of late!

1 Like

Indeed! I also had to replace the Magic Keyboard on the iPad. The return key went bad. But, considering what so many people deal with, my issues are minor in comparison. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You might want to consider purchasing a few spares. :grinning:

Better yet, keep the pencil where she can’t get to it. :grinning:

1 Like

$130 later. :cry:

2 Likes

I’ve had to keep my Apple Pencil in a covered box since I acquired a kitten. He destroyed the tip before I got it away from him and then became obsessed with it.

But the damage was nothing like what your cute dog did!

1 Like

Cute dog :dog:. 20 chars

1 Like

Haha. As someone who’s had a couple Apple Pencils destroyed, open box at Best Buy reliably saves $15-30. They probably have a whole pile of them in the locker in the Apple section.

2 Likes

I lost an AirPod that way. One AirPod, not the pair.

I figure I wasn’t paying attention when I was putting the AirPods in their case, and I dropped one on the floor. The dog found it and thought it might be a tasty snack. After chewing the Airpod thoroughly, she decided it wasn’t good to eat after all and spit it out on the floor.

It was then that I discovered that Apple will replace one of your AirPods for $70.

3 Likes

Pencil only? Not bad. Ours chewed pencil, charging cables, airpods (now singular airpod) and knocked down my ipad resulted in cracked display. But we still love our pets.

That is terrible! I wonder how much our pets have contributed to Apple’s bottom line. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Got my AirPod Pro’s a couple weeks ago :rage: My fault, he figured out how to jump on the coffee table and got them. He also got my daughter’s EarPod’s (cable ones), a charging cable, and my wife’s heated blanket cable…so far

Don’t let the picture fool you…he’s a stone cold electronics killer :rofl:

7 Likes

That was good for a great laugh! :joy:

Been there, done that. My dog has eaten my Apple Pencil and my ear buds. I’ve learned my lesson. I keep them out of dog’s reach.

1 Like

This is now my favorite topic ever on this board.

Here’s a photo of our Terrifying Destroyer of AirPod and Upholstery

6 Likes

This is exactly how I lost my Apple Pencil. But then I had to ask myself how much I was really using it and never replaced it.

Peter

1 Like

And none of them were beagles. As a beagle owner and fan, I am relieved.

Remember, pride comes before a fall! :rofl:

1 Like

My wife lost her Samsung phone to the dog and had to upgrade. I have had several shoe laces chewed up. Hopefully he will outgrow that stage.

1 Like