Batch open items from Reeder reading list

Hello, workflow geniuses!

⇨ I am trying to empty my Reeder and would love some suggestions! :slight_smile:

Here’s the situation:

• I have a huge inbound list of content going into my Reeder RSS + other sources (Tweet bot, internet browsing, etc…)
  • I triage interesting stuff by sending them to my read later list in Reeder so that it syncs across my devices
    Issue: the triage list grows quicker than I consume it, to catch up, I want to make it easier / to consume it.

A solution I envisaged and I am struggling to build:

• Rather than opening items one by one, I was thinking of building a shortcut that would take the next 10 items, open them as tabs in my browser and mark them as read in Reeder. That way, they preload and I quickly skim/read through the ten and then open the next batch with a single action.
  • Unfortunately can’t find a suitable action in shortcuts that would let me do that, … Would you have a suggestion? Ideally with Shortcut so I can use it on mobile but I am also open to using Applescript for a desktop-only workflow… I also guess it’s doable with a dirty for loop using Keyboard Maestro but I was hoping for something more “native” / “clean”

Any idea? :pray:t2:

This worked for me. The key being tapping in the Repeat item and making sure it’s the type URL

1 Like

Thanks Dustin, that did it for me!
Not to be needy but did you ever find a way to make it mark the items as read as well? How do you handle that?

Unfortunately Reeder doesn’t expose that to shortcuts. You’ll have to still go into the app to do that.

Feature request :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:?

And for reference here is the uuugly keyboard maestro macro I am using on Mac… :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Done!

1 Like