Best app for habits?

I’ve recently started using Habit.

It gives a percentage score for how well you’re doing with a habit—a unique approach, one that I prefer. If you miss a day, instead of losing your streak, which can be discouraging, you simply lose a few percentage points, which you can promptly recover by getting back on the horse. In brief, 91 days in a row will get you to 100%. (You can specify custom frequencies for habits—daily, three times weekly, etc.)

The app and widget are simple, nice, and easy to use. I paid the small one-off in-app purchase to unlock more colours. The English localisation is… imperfect, but it’s no big deal.

Personally, I sometimes like using analog methods for simple things and habits tracking fits this definition. Therefore, my Leuchtturm 1917 weekly agenda is perfect to have a clear overview of my habits on double-A5 format :slightly_smiling_face:

I also recommend Atomic Habits to anyone interested in making their habits stronger and lasting!

1 Like

The problem with most dedicated habit apps is their pricing. Most of them are trying to charge a hefty yearly fee even above the price of OmniFocus.

I bought Habitify lifetime license on a sale for about $25, which is still quite expensive for what it is. The app works okay with a pleasing visual. But the app is slow and the UX is clunky. There hasn’t been any development at all for at least a year. They also do cringing motivational tweets and events on Twitter. That’s probably where all the support goes into.

1 Like

Thanks yes it’s unfortunate I think they’re getting sloppy and unfocused. I hope they find they’re way, though, since it started quite solid.

My reason for tracking habits is to show continued progress towards a goal. I have typically used spreadsheets with a measurement or a done mark by day. I’ve used them to track things like water consumption, exercise minutes or steps, daily weights and whether I wrote in my journal.

I’ve been using Beeminder a bit this year, and really really like how it deals with this!

Someone else posted about it here a while back: Consistency, Beeminder

1 Like