Best Gmail Aggregator for MacOS?

Is anyone here using a 3rd party app to aggregate and view all of the Gmail accounts via a single macOS window? While Gmail in Chrome works fine, I have four different Gmail accounts open at all times and I’ve grown tired of keeping them in separate tabs in one Gmail window, and then having to minimize or bring up that window and the switch tabs to view each account. I know I can add those Gmail accounts to Apple Mail but mail doesn’t support Gmail’s labels. I guess what I need is a third-party app that will allow me to view all my accounts in a single window. Thanks for your recommendations or advice.

Spark (both v2 – Classic, and new v3) supports Gmail’s labels and both versions are essentially free.

There’s difference in how they look and behave so while v2 is still supported, it’s unlikely to get any major updates going forward. v3 is an acquired taste, with recent versions getting much better and mimicking the look of v2 much more closely. There’s unified inbox in both, or you can view per account. Labels are pulled from the account and you can apply them depending on where the message in inbox is originating from.

I guess Mimestream would be the alternative but it’s not free.

2 Likes

I love Mimestream. It is unequivocally Gmail in an app and supports multiple accounts well. The only thing I wish it would do is allow me to group the sidebar by account for all folders.

It gives you access to a lot of Gmail features too — you can create and delete and choose label colours, manage your filters/rules — and there are many nice customisation options, including my must-have to not open an email unless I explicitly open it.

I used it from very early in the beta period and paid for it the day they went live.

5 Likes

FWIW, I have 3 accounts and forward the 2 gmail accounts to my main google workspace account. Mail is set to “Reply from the same address the message was sent to”.

At one time I had a rule that labeled incoming mail with the forwarding gmail account name but later decided that was not needed

This allows me to keep everything in one browser window on Mac, and use the Gmail app on my iPhone and iPad.

2 Likes

I can only agree, Mimestream is the king of GMail interfaces for macOS. As far as I know, there is no other GMail client that directly uses GMail’s API, not IMAP. It’s the only software subscription I keep --although not so sure I will renew.

3 Likes

What is your use case? As far as I know, Apple Mail supports GMail labels, perhaps not without its issues but work it does.

Thank you. I’ll check it out.

Sounds good! I’ll definitely take a look. Thanks.

That’s an interesting approach I’ll have to think about. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks. But if you like it so much, why will you not renew it?

MailMate. Just the app to use to aggregate GMail , Google Workspace Accounts. You can create smart boxes, sort, delete, label them
And do all kinds of operations. Been using it for more than 8 years and nothing comes close to it.

2 Likes

Good question!

Because I am quite comfortable using the web interface, it is not a bad experience for me --beyond the fact than managing work email is not exactly enjoyable but hey, that also happens with Mimestream.

I have my Google accounts separated by browser so Safari gets my personal Gmail account and Edge gets my work Gmail account: whatever the browser, Gmail is the first pinned tab. But if I had more stuff to manage I would probably use a browser with separate profiles integrated like Arc or Orion but most browsers have some kind of profile management.That’s a matter of preference, of course.

Mimestream is prettier than Gmail’s interface but its inability to support Gmail’s scheduled send made it a nonstarter for me. Maybe there’s some practical (rather than aesthetic) advantage to using Mimestream beyond working offline, but I didn’t find it during the admittedly short time I used it.

If that’s of interest to you, star the request in Google’s issue tracker so they’re more likely to add it to the Gmail API. Mimestream will add scheduled send the moment it becomes possible.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/140922183?pli=1

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! I’d probably do that, but I don’t plan to use Mimestream even if the feature is added. It’s a beautiful app, but I don’t live in gmail and the improved aesthetics aren’t worth $50 a year to me. IMO it’s overpriced, especially compared to the much greater value I get from, say, Drafts for $20.

1 Like

I hear you on the price. $50/year is pushing it. I like the $25 first year price a lot better. I guess for two years I can think of that as averaging at a still-palatable $37.50. After that…

2 Likes