Best Robot Vacuumer?

So what’s the best robot vacuumer out there?

It’s a fact that needs such myself detest cleaning, because it takes us away from all the nerdery that we like to do. So let’s hear it :blush:

Depends on the floor type :slight_smile: I have the Deebot T8 because of the mopping system. Works great.

1 Like

What’s the mopping system?

I have partly wooden floor covered in places by carpets

They call it Ozmo Pro. It vibrates while mopping and thus cleans better than other robots. But mopping by hand is still superior :slight_smile:

1 Like

The latest generation of the iRobot would be my personal pick.

2 Likes

We bought a Roomba i8+ about 5 months ago. It is the model made for Costco by iRobot. It is the same as the Roomba 7+ but the Costco version comes with bigger battery and an extra bag (and costs less). It self-empties following each vacuuming. It does very good job at our house (wood floors and some carpets). It maps your house and sets up “rooms”. The software is easy enough for you to manually define rooms and areas in your house. I’m not sure if it’s the “best” but we are very satisfied with it.

3 Likes

We have a dog and a cat and a Roomba 980. Even without the self emptying and room mapping of the newer machines, it’s still a great machine. Great for allergies, as I vacuum every day downstairs and upstairs on weekends.

2 Likes

Why’s that? What does it do that you particularly like? I just find that ep they are unbelievably expensive

They’re like Apple products. They look very nice and last for a very long time. It does what you would expect it to do in regards to cleaning floors.

2 Likes

I agree. It’s what I want as well. Precisely. What’s the model you have and how much did you pay, if I may ask?

Great source of reviews: The 5 Best Robot Vacuums - Spring 2021: Reviews - RTINGS.com

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll keep an eye not to go for a Roomba then.

My floors are wooden with carpeting at places!

And then I have three of these high’ish door steps. How it would fare one of these?

@anon78316750 And how would an iRobot?

image|375x500

I have the seventh generation of the Roomba. It only cost me $199.

1 Like

So I’m seriously considering getting this one: https://www.amazon.com/iRobot-Vacuum-Connected-Mapping-Powerful/dp/B07QWN31YH

Anyone who owns it and can share experience?

Does anyone know if iRobot is about to come out with a new model? because then I’ll try and get that instead

I have been researching new robovacs recently. Overall, the iRobot S9 seems to have a lot more issues than others (Reddit mostly). I don’t know if they have been fixed yet. But I am staying away from it.

1 Like

Oh, really. What kind? Do you have a link to that? Which, in your research, are you going with?