Best Screencasting Software

Hello @MacSparky and crew,

My go-to software for creating software tutorials has been Screenflow, but I haven’t used it for a while. Is that still the case?

Thanks.

Yup. Screenflow is still the best option in my opinion.

3 Likes

Another vote for ScreenFlow. I’ve been using it for ten years and it continues to impress.

1 Like

Thank you gents.

One final question. Has it improved in iPad footage capture? If not, how do you best achieve this?

1 Like

Has it improved in iPad footage capture? If not, how do you best achieve this?

I’ve done some iPad recording under ScreenFlow 10 and haven’t run into any issues so far. Though, I have had some iPad capture issues in previous versions so remain a bit cautious.

An alternative is to capture using QuickTime and edit the captured footage in ScreenFlow.

1 Like

Cheers. Will update to latest version of Screenflow and see how I go. Thanks again :+1:.

1 Like

You’re very welcome, @Diamond. Happy screencasting!

p.s. ScreenFlow has an unlimited trial (i.e. all of the features are available and there isn’t a time limit). You just need to purchase ScreenFlow to get rid of the watermark that’s added when exporting.

2 Likes

Also consider Camtasia. It’s expensive and I can’t stand the company behind it (TechSmith) but SnagIt and Camtasia are TOP of the line apps in their categories.