Best Way to Hang My Focused Calendar

So I have two fresh new Focused Calendars in my life, but I have always ordered the dry erase in the past, and this new paper format has me wondering about the best way to mount / write on it.

Some questions:

1. How do you all mount this beauty? Thumbtack into the drywall? Velcro? I saw that the sales photo had some clips and wires coming down from the top so that got me intrigued.

2. The dry erase was easy to write on a traditional textured office wall because it was thick enough to not feel the bumps of the texture, but this paper version I am not so sure. Anyone put some poster board or anything behind it to make it easier to write directly on?

Any other tips or ideas? I am really excited to use this calendar and am so thankful that @mikeschmitz and @MacSparky created it!

Bodie

1 Like

I have some fine tip dry erase markers that I use to write it on it. The write great IMHO, they just don’t erase (which I’ve found over the years isn’t that big a deal to me).

To hang it, I use these: https://www.neuyear.net/collections/hardware-for-hanging-calendars/products/poster-strips

You can also get these on Amazon, and they’re great. You peel one side and stick it on the object, then peel the other and stick it on the wall. I even used these to hang acoustic foam in my office :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome @mikeschmitz! Thanks. What pens do you use?

I’m pretty sure they’re these, but they don’t look exactly the same: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I8OBAOU/

@mikeschmitz Bro, thank you!! So helpful. I had no idea there were Dry Erase for paper, not just whiteboards. I am excited to get my calendars rocking for next year.

Well, I don’t know if they are technically for paper, but they work :slight_smile: Sharpies would probably work great too

There is clearly a paper calendar in the product example! That is enough confirmation for me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I got some Staedtler Lumocolor correctable pens with a Nuboard book which write pretty well, but lose correct ability, on regular paper.

How about foamcore behind, and plexiglass on the front?
You could also put it in a poster frame and write on the plexi.

I would be sure pens don’t bleed through to the walls, if you’re mounting it directly on the wall, writing on the paper.

1 Like

This is pretty genius!

FWIW I was concerned at first about bleed through the paper, but nothing I did ever came close to leaving a mark on the wall.

1 Like