Best writing experience across iPad/iMac?

I like iAWriter a lot. I wish it would meet my needs as I’d love to avoid the subscription. :slightly_smiling_face:

One of the biggest issues I’ve had with Drafts is the way it handles child bullets. Indenting sub-bullets is crazy frustrating. Petty, I know.

You can change that with custom syntax. (Edit: I’m pretty sure.)

Plus one for Ulysses, but there are many good alternatives and everyone here will tell you about their favourites. I wouldn’t call my writing sophisticated, but in true Apple-fan tradition, I like my apps to look nice, and Ulysses certainly does that, while providing me with more than I need.

2 Likes

While I´m far from having any deeper knowledge into coding or scripting, I found this on Github, where it seems that someone had implemented vertical indentation lines into Obsidian.
As it seems that he is using CSS for that, maybe there is a way for someone with a higher knowledge on that stuff, to bring it into Ulysses as well?

Speaking of Ulysses, they just released a relatively small but nice update.

1 Like

I usually write articles in Notes and convert them to Markdown later, because I didn’t want to upgrade to the next Setapp tier.

If I was more serious about it though, I’d definitely be using Ulysses.

I highly recommend Craft - the writing experience is superb across the Apple ecosystem (they were honoured by Apple as the App of the Year in 2021). The development pace is very good and the community is very passionate over on Slack. I’ve been in the habit of overhauling my systems every few months but the longest I’ve stayed with any writing/note-taking app is with Craft.

I highly recommend setap- it is wonderful. It has Ulysses which was a selling point although I prefer Scrivener. Terrific apps and the monthly price is reasonable, especially all the software you have available.

I had some issues with Ulysses and the iOS version through Set App about a month ago. It did finally work. I have Set App and like Tim said, It is across all devices from Set App.

1 Like