Big Email - pre order open: $6.49 a month when paid annually

Some brief thoughts after playing with it on iPad Pro.

This app is exclusively about re-designing the presentation of emails in the inbox, which are all clearly summarised by its website. But the interface is a bit confusing that it shows the newsletter design for some views but the conventional mail list in the sidebar for some other views.

Unfortunately the things listed on its website are almost everything the app can do. There’s no meat underneath its pretty skin. It’s very lacking as an email client, even compared to Apple Mail, for example

• Can’t select multiple emails
  • No gestures except swipe left to delete in the conventional list view
  • No print emails
  • Can’t access traditional mailboxes like Junk, Archive, Sent
  • Can’t move emails to the traditional mailboxes
  • Can’t edit mailboxes
  • Very lacking search and false results
  • No share nor save to files button for attachments
  • No coloured flags
2 Likes

Now that was good for a laugh!! The only thing worse (and only US citizens will appreciate this) is the DMV!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And its only $80/year. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wanted to say maybe give it another year. But I kinda doubt if it’s still going to be around in a year.

3 Likes

For me to spend $80/year indefinitely on an email client it would have to be the email client to rule them all. Personally, I can think of better ways to spend $80–take my wife out to dinner? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Every day for a year? Where do you eat - sounds a bargain :wink:

No, I was thinking of “a” dinner, perhaps two depending on where we go. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@SuperTachyon @rob I have since fixed the title. The developer kept saying $6.49 on twitter and I suppose I ran with that. My apologies

Sorry I didn’t mean it’s your fault. I saw the dev saying this as well. But thanks for clarifying the title.

Oh, I was not complaining about your title.

I was genuinely wondering whether the price went up after the pre-sale.