Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2021 - Share your findings

No. Curio is not a database and is not something like Obsidian.

(FWIW, I wouldn’t call Obsidian a “database” either, though the term has lost its technical meaning in recent years.)

1 Like

Parallels also runs fine, but has to be an arm build of the OS.

1 Like

How would you call it? A better note taking project managing tool? I’m somehow new to this kind of productivity tools.

I’d call it what the developer calls it

2 Likes

Me too! Great deal :+1::+1::kissing_heart:

It’s more of a Personal Knowledge Management Software [PKM]. Though it can be considered as a database too and it’s proprietary. So I’m really not sure how easy it is if you were to migrate off of Curio down the road. But for me it not being on iOS is a deal killer. I really want it to be both on Mac as well as on iOS.

25% off LastPass
https://www.lastpass.com/products/premium-password-manager

Edit: apparently this discount does not seem to work for existing subscriber. I am one and when I checked out, the discount did not apply :frowning:

The 1Password deal (50% off your first year of 1Password Families) is also only for new customers:

These companies only seem to care about growth, not about existing customers… :cry:

3 Likes

The Pragmatic Programmers have a BFCM sale.
If you’re a programmer, or write code of any sort, The Pragmatic Programmer is required reading.

https://pragprog.com

Tough luck, gave me error when I applied the code.

Edit: Pragmatic Programmer is excluded from the sale for anyone interested.

Ah, too bad.
The Pragmatic Programmer is easily worth 10x the price.

Then it IS on sale, and with a 90% discount as well!

2 Likes

not sure it is the same like previous years, surprised that there is no sale from Instapaper, Pocket, Raindrop, Goodlinks, etc, at least I am not aware of but hoping for

Default Folder X for $17 - yay or nay? I am trying it on a 30-day trial even though I have heard many good things about it here in MPU and, I believe, Gruber talked about this too. But, I don’t think I need a File/Save dialog shortcut and let’s see how the trial goes. I think I have a very short period to do so, as Cyber Monday is going away and the 50% discount will be gone soon. Help me decide!

Edit: in case you’re wondering - the 50% is part of the bundle in the first post in this topic - The Applaudables Collection.

Yay. I didn’t really like it at first, but being able to have Favorites in the save dialog and the ability to set default folders for particular apps, file types, etc. saves me a lot of clicking around looking for things. For $17 it’s a good deal.

1 Like

Can’t answer your question but you just made me spend $17 dollars :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You made me feel FOMO… lol… congrats!

The pro version of my favorite clipboard manager, PastePal, is half off. Fast syncing between Mac and iOS, multiple easy ways to get items into it, a beautiful interface, and a custom iOS keyboard which allows viewing and pasting from the PastePal history without leaving your currently-active app. The app is constantly being updated and the developer provides great support.

1 Like

The website is from the 1990’s. There is no coupon code entry field unfortunately.

Looks good… got it. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.