Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2021 - Share your findings

Buy Tinderbox (or upgrade) 20% off with promo code cranberry. Seems like this offer ends today. Tinderbox: Buy Tinderbox Today

1 Like

All Apparent Software apps (including Trickster are 50% off until the end of the month on the website.
That’s Trickster, ImageFramer and Cashculator. Cashculator has a beta for version 2, so I wouldn’t get version 1 now.

Trickster is awesome!

1 Like

Is the €7,99 I see now the discounted or the regular price?

That’s the discounted price.

Does it (i.e. ABBYY Finereader PDF for Mac) have AppleScript support? The website is not particularly clear about it. And it’s essential for my workflow.

Ok you’ve sold it to me…!

Same here… just bought it!

Finereader pro had applescript support so I’d say yes. Maybe just download the trial and check

/EDIT: oh wow I guess it doesnt

Yikes… I’ll reach out to CS and see when this is planned. FineReader Pro had a extensive scripting library.

The comparison PDF on their website says Automator support is “comming”

I see an in app purchase for roughly 15 usd. Guess i missed it :frowning:

It’s still $7.99 in the US App Store.

So I guess it’s a regional thing? No $7.99 in-app purchase here

It looks like 50% off on Secrets might be ending today. Thanks for posting this sale RDK!

Last minute deal that I just found out about. Backblaze is 50% off. Use offer code blazeon21

Unfortunately, I couldn’t see a way to apply code for existing subscribers.

2 Likes

I decided to jump at it. And I am glad I did. The confirmation email tells me that this license allow me apply to up to 3 personal Macs… so hey, it’s kinda like $5 per Mac! My wife and daughter get to enjoy this, although I doubt they notice. But still … if you are on the wall like me, jump on this. @afhussain do take note too!

What was the selling point for you? I installed the trial but still don’t fully get it’s value

My problem was always the wait between when the open window opened and the extra Default Folder UX showed…

I support a few customers in my job. Each customer has a few running projects at this moment. Within each project, I have a folder for Weekly status meeting folder, issues, presentations, etc. Every time I receive emails with attachments, I usually detach them into their own projects. Default Folder X made this easy, not because of the Favorites, as I can add the folder into Finder’s Sidebar but, the “Recent folder” is useful as it lists down my recently accessed folders. So, one click can let me save files into their respective folders. I have Hazel but I think it’s too much a hassle to program Hazel for this job.

Some people see the value of always opening a folder based on the application that triggers the Save. I have not found any use-case for this yet. I am thinking - I do have a iCloud Inbox where I store files that I haven’t thought about processing yet, somewhat like a temporary storage until I have time to get through it. Maybe I can make the app default to this iCloud Inbox. I am not sure yet.

I know what you mean and so I made my Open and Save Dialog box as simple as possible. And, I turned off the drawer at the bottom. I am not sure what it is for, yet.

Got an email from TechSmith that they have a 25% discount sale continuing through November 30 on their product line.

This includes Snagit – wonderful app – Camtasia, Screencast (hosting) and more.

1 Like

+1 for Snagit. Great screen capture software. Can’t live without it.