Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2023 Deals

I’ve read the rather lengthy thread on Curio. I am tempted, but after looking at the video and reading the thread, I think it would add complexity and friction without a corresponding increase in productivity. That, of course, is only an impression. And, it doesn’t have a mobile version so that limits it useful to me. I do, however, like the pricing model.

Unclutter Apps:
DaisyDisk
Default Folder X
Soulver
<7 more> – all half price

4 Likes

TG Pro (and several other apps from Tunnabelly) are on sale, with TG Pro being 75% off.

1 Like

Yeah Curio is good if your doing all your work in it. If you’re using it for bits and pieces it’s a messier workflow, although it does work with hookmark.

There’s also such a lot of scams. I was on Amazon and a coffee machine I’d been looking at had an amazing 35% off for black Friday. The thing is it’s still £10 more than what it was before black Friday started!

1 Like

The suite of Busy Apps: BusyCal and BusyContacts are 50% off.
https://www.busymac.com

Good discussion thread on this forum on BusyCal to get a good impression

Note that, to my knowledge, this is the first sale of the BusyCal iOS version since December 2019 (!)

2 Likes

I have replaced Fantastical with BusyCal on all platforms about a year ago when Fantastical had a crazy >60% price increase, and have not looked back.

On the Mac, these two apps are on-par; on iOS/iPadOS, while Fantastical may look ‘nicer’, there is nothing specific I’m missing in BusyCal. The BusyCal team has pushed a series of meaningful updates lately, including the ability to drag and drop entries in monthly view. I will gladly pay for a further 18 months of BusyCal updates when I’m due for an extension.

3 Likes

I received this notice from Grammarly by email:

“One day only: Save 55% off any Premium plan. In a workplace built on emails, documents, and chat messages, it’s important to write well. Grammarly Premium will help you make a positive impression with suggestions that clarify and perfect your sentences.

Don’t miss the year’s biggest discount. Upgrade now to save 55%*.** This offer ends at midnight, 11/24/2023.“

1 Like

Today they have a 50% discount (for 1 year only I guess?), so if anyone wants to return…

BUT, you can’t use it if you have an active subscription, even if you’ve cancelled and your usage has not quite ended.

I wonder if when my (MPU discount) subscription ends in October and I don’t renew until Black Friday, can I rinse repeat each year during the black friday sale…

Art Text 4 is doing a 30% off their All-In Templates… regularly $100 now $70. I love this app.

Just what I’ve been waiting for.

Password manager Strongbox Pro has a discount of 20% on lifetime license (universal app covering iOS, iPadOS,macOS).

I bought is last year during Black Friday, as my fall-back option for when 1Password v7 stops working :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You could kill your existing Fantastical account in addition to cancelling (the option is there on the Flexibits website) and register with an entirely new one to get the deal presumably.

1 Like

Mimestream 30% off

4 Likes

Came here to post this. I’ve been watching their Twitter for weeks for signs that they would put BusyCal for Mac on sale. I switched from Fantastical 6 months ago and haven’t regretted it.

The feature that I required which caused me to use Fantastical was good time zone options. BusyCal does this well.

1 Like

Just got an email from Craft that they are running their (recurring) 50% off subscription until 28 Nov (even though on the website they say 4 Dec so this is what I quoted above) – so in case the new date is correct, those interested in grabbing Craft should probably act soon, just in case.

Recurring 50% with Craft means you get to keep the pricing while you continue subscribing (I got 50% last year).

From the email they sent – note that you need to subscribe via web and not via the apps:

We’re offering a 50% recurring discount on all our Pro and Business subscriptions if you purchase by November 28! All you have to do is to subscribe through our web or Windows app and use the code BLACKFRIDAY during checkout! :tada:

From Apple‘s website: “Get a $50 Apple Gift Card when you buy AirPods Pro (2nd) Offer ends Monday.”

I just purchased them.

Thanks for posting this. :smiley: I bought Better Zip 5 and Name Mangler 3.

And if anyone doesn’t have Default Folder X, it’s a great deal on this same sale page and is my most-used utility app. I wouldn’t want to be without it.