Blog Hosting Recommendations

I am looking for a new Wordpress host. I have used Namecheap but want something a bit more reliable. I have been looking at Mochahost and I wonder if anyone has any experience with them? I don’t blog too often (but I plan on doing more) so I am looking for a relatively inexpensive option.

Thanks

Wordpress.com might be your best option. It’s under 50 a yer for personal plan.

1 Like

Micro.blog is not WordPress but it is really inexpensive, reliable, under active development and currently on sale for 4 months at $1/month. Then $5 month after the sale. The owner and primary developer is an active blogger poster to the community timeline. The other 3 members of the team also post daily. Some excellent features including the above mentioned timeline. Premium plan also offers podcast hosting and a newsletter option. Oh, and if you’re using Mastodon or BlueSky it ties into those as well.

3 Likes

I have been on One.com for 20 years now - great host still, and I run my Wordpress site from there. You can run fully self-managed or pay a little extra for “managed Wordpress”.

Good support when you need them too!

Thanks for this. Manton Reece comes across as a genuine enthusiast and I’ve been interested in trying out Micro.blog

1 Like