Bored - rearranging stuff - new desk setup

I hear you! It’s classified as “mine” but it’s really a matter of who’s bum hits it first…
(can I use that term and not offend people? I’m Australian, so I have worse words if that helps? Probably not! :wink: )

2 Likes

They looked so comfy I doubt you’ll get any serious work done!

1 Like

Actually, the purpose of the purchase was to be able to “sit for a while” to read, do research and not notice the time passing. Working well so far.

Our previous chairs, which looked okay, were awful for hours of reading. Constantly fidgeting to get comfortable. While the new chairs weren’t cheap (about 5x what I’d planned to spend), there’s something to be said for investing in the right tools. :smiley:

1 Like

I need to start from scratch… :smiley:

I added a printer…so my setup is obsolete…

1 Like

Rearranging…

Since a lot of desk space is taken by my photo printer, I moved it to another room (“hobby”). Photo printing and scanning is not on my “work desk” and more. Now my work space is uncluttered.
The rationale: I use the work space daily and photo printing/scanning only 2-3x a month, so no need to clutter the desk with them the other 27-28 days.
Small problem: the printer only has LAN. Since both rooms (“work” and “hobby”) are on different electrical circuits/breakers, PowerLine wouldn’t work. And cabling is not an option (old building, rented apartment). But since I have WLAN there, I got a “[devolo Wi-Fi Repeater+ ac](https://devolo Wi-Fi Repeater+ ac)” (seems to be a European brand). Setup was easy and was done in 2-3 minutes. The repeater/bridge has 2 ethernet ports, so my printer is now connected and working in my “hobby” room. And since it’s a huge printer (and a big scanner), I got back a lot of desk space.
Other than that: I’ve added a StreamDeck to my setup (thanks MPU for making me spend money).
ToDos: new desk lamp, new webcam.