This is WIP (work in progress). Because there are no evening activities (thank you, Corona), I decided to rearrange my workspace at home.
- rewire everything. Cables suck. Wall warts suck even more.
- use space better
- fight Corona-boredom
Please don’t nag about the cables, I will try this setup for some days, and if I don’t rearrange anything, I will tie them down. That’s why I didn’t take a picture from the underside of the desk; it’s still…messy.
I bought 2 “cable trays” and screwed them under the table. All the multiple connectors, wall warts, etc., go into them. There won’t be a single cable hanging down or on the floor.
- EIZO CG monitor (also USB hub)
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock. Just one cable to my MBP (power, data, monitor, everything)
- Epson V600 Photo scanner (I am into photography…this one is a must…but I still struggle with the placement)
- Apple Extended Keyboard II (the best keyboard ever made by Apple)
- Mighty Mouse
- I care about sound: Shiit (no joke, that’s the name of the brand) Modi 2 Uber DAC and Shiit Magni 2 Uber headphone amp, Beyerdynamic 990 Pro cans. Glorious sound!
- top left: ScanSnap iX500 - before you argue, it’s not easy to reach: it used to have a more prominent space, but I managed to move almost everything (credit card, utilities, rent, bank statements, payslips, most invoices) to PDF. And at work, I earned the reputation of “hating paper.” So, it doesn’t get much use. I keep it because scanning multiple pages with the V600 is a PITA, and I have several workflows set up.
- top right: Intuos Pro L tabled with grip pen and 3D open
- low (from left to right): HP OfficeConnect 1820/8G switch, Synology DS 1019+, Drobo 5D (just keeping it because I don’t want to create more e-waste), Mac mini+2 HDs, Samsung laser printer (10+ years old, good enough for the occasional print)
- tie down all the cables (behind the monitor, behind the sound stuff)
- have a photo printed for the wall