Buy a new M2 MBA NOW?

Made my mind up that I want to buy a new MacBook Air M2! :sunglasses:

With the new Apple event coming up soon, would it be advisable to wait till after the event to see if there’s any price breaks?

If you can wait till WWDC, it may be worth it. Though the rumors I’m hearing is that there will be a 15 inch M2 and perhaps different colors for the current 13" M2. But you never know…

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, but patience has never been one of my virtues🤔

Well, don’t worry too much about it. If you cave and buy now, you still will own an amazing Mac, no matter what gets announced at WWDC. And something always does. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I might wait to make sure you’re in the return window when WWDC happens just in case they decide to drop the M1 Air and move the M2 Air down to the $999 price point. If you are in the return window, they will give you a refund for the difference if you contact them most likely. However, I’m not a very patient person so I’m not sure what I’d do!

I bought an M2 Air a short while ago knowing that an M3 may be “just around the corner” and haven’t regretted it for a moment. I needed a computer suitable for travel (thin, light, exceptional battery life, and fast enough to make me forget it’s thin and light with exceptional battery life) and the M2 fits that perfectly.

If you need one soon then I’d have no hesitation buying one now: It’s a fantastic computer that will likely not show its age for years. But, if you don’t need one before June, I’d wait, just to see if anything will be announced at WWDC that would make you regret the M2 in retrospect.

1 Like

Good advice all…I think I will wait until after WWDC, since the old MBP 2015 is still working, and prices might change.

Appreciate the responses, thank you!

1 Like

Perhaps this is a good time to cultivate it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Personally hate notches on MacBook, rather wait and see next version.

I have been told that more than once :sunglasses:

Haven’t we all! :slightly_smiling_face:

….

Price breaks? From Apple? :rofl:

But seriously, I think I recently heard Jason Snell say he is still recommending the M1 MacBook Air to most people. So regardless of what you buy,

1 Like