Couldn’t figure out how to discuss this topic, whether it was better to do a poll or hear feedback.
I understand this may not apply for all, I will try to think of a few examples and this may be a slight venting.
In terms of your calendar entry,
If you are doing school pick-ups or drop-offs.
– Do you put them in your calendar and block out the time?
Same goes for all sports activities that the kids may have.
– Do you add a “driving” block time?
Same goes for work (those who need to commute)
Both my wife and I work from home, but we had a change up with the school for our kids. So it involves multiple drop-offs at different locations at different times.
(i.e. Child 1 is in Grade X, therefore they are at this location at 7am, but Child 2 is in Grade Y, and is therefore at this other location 9am)
- Wake child 1, get ready for school, drive out, come back home.
- Wake child 2, get ready for school, drive out, come back home.
- Begin to start my day at home with whatever is on the schedule.
- Same thing happens at the end of the school day, both children have different end of day times.
In looking at the positive, I trying to arrange my schedule and focus on “micro-accomplishments” because of the choppiness of the morning and late afternoon.
Any seasoned veterans out there and what apps to help through the day?