Calling any DayOne users with a M2 Mac Mini

I’ve recently bought an M2 Mac Mini.

I have been using DayOne for a few years now and love it.

Since using the Mac Mini I have noticed that this option appears to be missing from the dialogue box. I could have sworn it was there for my old MacBook Pro. That seems like a very strange thing to me and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

I see this when I go to settings. Is this the same for you OR are you able to authenticate with your Apple watch?

Security

Marcus,

I’m seeing exactly what you’re seeing. I use an iMac with Ventura.

Thank’s for confirming. It sucks that there’s not a quicker way to access it without a password. I was able to bypass this on the MacBook Air with the watch. I found it useful.

Am I also right in suggesting that the Desktop version of DayOne does not show Daily Prompts where the iOS versions do?

I have the daily prompt disabled on my iMac. But there is a General setting called “Show Daily Prompt.”

Hi Marcus -

I have an M1 Mac Studio, and I checked this out. I have the TouchID option, thanks to my Magic keyboard with Touch-ID.

Sorry to suggest you give Apple more money :slight_smile: But I really like the TouchID keyboard, and find it much more convenient to unlock the Mac and locked apps like 1password, than having to take hands off keyboard to reach for the watch.

I enabled DayOne PW to test, thinking that possibly with this keyboard, it might also enable Apple Watch to unlock it (as my Mac Studio does). But it does not. And alas, Apple Watch unlock is a separate item in Mac System Settings, and DayOne does not provide that.

Thanks, Paul. That’s really useful to know and I appreciate you taking the time. I think you are right that the Touch ID is the key. I had it on the MacBook Air - which must have been why I could use it with DayOne AND 1Password previously.

I’m not sure I’ll be forking out for a new one for now (for the sake of reaching for my watch).

Thanks again.