Can Apple Watch show weather when locked?

Since the last major update my Apple Watch shows the weather data only if I unlock it/raise the wrist.
I do not consider it private data and also want to see it, when I just glance at the watch.

Is there a way to get back the old behavior?
(In case I’m just misremembering I still want to see it without raising my wrist.)

If I lower my wrist, the display will dimm itself and it is not being refreshed that often in comparison to the state when the wrist is raised. There is no “unlock” when raising the wrist when I am using the watch. How complications behave when the wrist is lowered may be a thing that is something that may or may not be influenced by the app that is providing the complication (I am not sure about that). My (Apple) weather complications do not change their behavior when I lower the wrist and when the display is being dimmed. Unlocking the watch is something different, it is not happening when you raise your wrist.

There are some settings you may want to have a look into:

I am referring to:

How to manage the information that appears when your wrist is down

1. Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
  2. Tap Display & Brightness.
  3. Scroll down, then tap Always On.
  4. Tap Show Complication Data, Show Notifications, or Show Apps. The apps that can show that type of information appear on the next screen.
  5. Choose which apps show information on the screen when your wrist is down. You can turn off the category of information entirely by using the setting at the top of the screen.

That’s what I want!

Ahhhh, thank you! I did not realize tapping on it opens another menu. It works now :slight_smile:

1 Like