Can The Calendar Trigger a Shortcut?

Ok, bear with me y’all, i’m thinkin’’ :flushed::see_no_evil::innocent:.

I live alone and have health issues. Sometimes a ‘health event’ happens, which causes me to become slightly disoriented. I have a iPhone that stays with me 24/7. I am thinking dead mans switch here. I know David and Katie covered it way back when, but technology has changed since then.

Is there a way now to, let’s say, I set the calendar to trigger a shortcut every morning at the same time to require me to perform a certain action, (voice response, press a button, etc), and if I don’t in x number of minutes, it then notifies a contact person to call me? I have not dug deep enough into shortcuts to see if this is even possible yet.

Living alone with serious health issues is no fun, and no, I am NOT gonna get me one of those little old lady “help. I’ve fallen and can’t get up gadgets”! :flushed::see_no_evil::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::innocent: It doesn’t apply here anyway. :muscle:t2:

Oh yea. And I qualify for a dog, but WHO is gonna walk the dog when I can’t! The iPhone doesn’t need ‘walking’ or feeding :sweat_smile:.

To my knowledge that is not possible on iPhone. It is possible on the Mac though.

1 Like

It looks like you can schedule or delay a text using shortcuts. You could, for instance, schedule a text at 8:00am, and a reminder to disable sending it at 7:50am.

Another thought would be something written in Pythonista.

1 Like

THANKS!! I will follow up on these suggestions. :tada::sunglasses:

1 Like