Can't get Bunch to even launch an app

No response yet on Github, so I thought I’d ask here.

There may be other problems with this bunch, but for starters the two apps I want to launch aren’t launching. You just put their names at the start of a line, right? Any idea why these Bunch scripts won’t launch apps?

The Console just reports:
2022-01-12 13:01:31: :red_circle:App not running (BusyCal)
2022-01-12 13:01:31: :red_circle:App not running (OmniFocus)

Here’s my script:

---
title: Morning Startup
---

// Launch BusyCal in week view with today in the middle
BusyCal
- {@0 !1} // Show BusyCal window via Cmd 0 with 1 sec. pause after
- {@2} // Set weekly view
- {@t} // Go to today
- {left/←} // Left arrow, show prior day at left
- {left/←} // Left arrow, show prior day at left
* "Hide BusyCal Sidebars.scpt" // runs applescript in /Bunches that runs Keyboard Maestro macro

OmniFocus
- {~@w} // Close all windows via Opt Cmd w
- {@1 !1} // Open inbox with 1 sec. pause after
* "Hide OmniFocus Sidebar.scpt" // runs applescript in /Bunches that runs Keyboard Maestro macro
* "Show OmniFocus Inspector.scpt" // runs applescript in /Bunches that runs Keyboard Maestro macro
- {~@n !1} //O pen new window via Opt Cmd n with 1 sec. pause after
* "Show OmniFocus Sidebar.scpt" // runs applescript in /Bunches that runs Keyboard Maestro macro
- {@1} // Show inbox

<<#Position Inbox ~2 // Calls snippet below, with additional 2 sec. delay

___ // 3+ underscores mean items below will be read as a snippet file.
--[Position Inbox]
* tell application "Moom" to arrange windows according to snapshot "Clear Inbox"

Even this bunch, made from the “New Bunch with Open Apps” command, doesn’t launch OmniFocus:

---
title: All open apps
---
OmniFocus

I’ve tried changing the above to launch BusyCal and Mail, and those didn’t work, either.

Does Bunch have accessibility permissions?

Thanks, Chris. Yes, it does have permissions:

2022-01-12-1543-57

Interesting, though, mine says “Bunch Beta.app” and the illustration on the Bunch site is just “Bunch.app.” I downloaded it yesterday, v. 1.4.7.

The Bunch install page says, “As Bunch attempts to control various apps and features of the operating system, you will be asked to grant Bunch permission to perform new operations. Because Bunch is all about automating other apps, your first runs will include a lot of these dialogs.”

I don’t recall seeing such dialogs, but if I had, I would have granted it permissions.

OK. It started working when I unchecked Toggle Bunches in the prefs. However, when I ran a bunch that launched Mail, OmniFocus and BusyCal, Mail and OmniFocus showed on top of all my other running apps as they launched, but BusyCal’s window didn’t. Is it normal for apps to launch on top? I don’t see a Bunch command to bring an app to the front, though I do see the one to hide an app.

I am not at my computer right now but doesn’t @ do that? E.g. @safari at the end of the bunch?

@ means “focus” which brings it to the front and HIDES all other apps. I want it to come to the front and not hide the others. I suspect normal behavior is for newly launched apps to come to the front. But Bunch is acting weird in other ways this morning, quitting in the middle of running a simple bunch file. I’ll restart the Mac later when a long CC Cloner backup is finished.

Thanks,
Russell