Can't Move Folder on Desktop (via Alfred or Drag and Drop)

Hi All,
I just upgraded to the MBPro M1 and I’m having issues moving folders on my desktop to folders on the hard drive (both Dropbox and non-Dropbox folders (I can move single files from desktop with no problems).

I tried creating an empty folder on the desktop and trying to move it but I still get the same error message.

This is the error message I get:
Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 11.36.35 AM

Any suggestions for fixing this?

I also tried to compress the folder to see if I could move it that way and this is the error message I received:

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 12.03.21 PM

Thanks. Didn’t work unfortunately.

Some things to try (which you may have already done):

Does the folder work as a folder? That is, can you open it, add files, remove files, etc.?

Have you checked for invisible files in the folder?

Can you put the folder in the trash and then empty the trash without error?

Another thing, if create folders within folders on the hard drive, can they be moved to the finder and back?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Folders work as folders normally would but just can’t move folders off of Desktop.

Yes, I can put folders in trash from Desktop and empty.

Can’t move folders within a folder on the Desktop.

After about 3 hours on the phone with Apple trouble shooting, we’ve narrowed the problem down to a problem with iCloud. Apple Engineering is working on a solution/suggestion.

Since those marathon phone calls, I’ve disabled iCloud’s Desktop and Documents option and everything seems to be back to normal.

My lesson - do not use Migration Assistant ever again. YMMV