Catalina ... is it time to install yet?

I bit the bullet and went ahead and did it. I did a clean install, after backing up and wiping my hard drive, and haven’t looked back. Fortunately, I’ve yet to have any issues. Things are working much better than expected.

1 Like

You’re right… got caught up in the complaints. My mail problem was the only problem I encountered.

1 Like

I installed two days ago and have had no issues to date, but with very light usage so far.

I’d stick with Mojave unless there’s an application which requires Catalina to run.

[oops too late!]

Unfortunately I spoke too soon - it seems my MBP has restarted every time I wake it from sleep.

But the only reason I had to install Catalina was to prepare for this:

Happy to report that the restarts stopped with a little cleanup of my login items - I had a MailTagsHelper in there that hadn’t been in use since Sierra.

2 Likes

I hadn’t been able to update my MBP to Catalina due to an error that arose with the attempted update. Disk utility reported " error: btn: invalid btn_table_space.len (0)
Object map is invalid." and could not repair it.

So … clone to spare T5, reformat internal SSD, verify no more errors in Disk Utility, clone back to internal SSD, install Catalina, and I just got done. Hoping Catalina is ready for prime time now that Big Sur is nearly here.