Charging new MacBook batteries

for years it used to be the case that one should only plug-in and charge the battery on any MacBook when the battery was almost drained.

Also it used to be proper charging to unplug the charger when the battery was charged and NOT leave it in when it had finished charging.

Does anyone know if these charging standards still apply to newer MacBooks? I have been using the above standard since 2011. I don’t know if I have gained anything by it, but I have certainly NEVER left a charger in a MacBook that was already fully charged - I have always unplugged.

Does still apply? :blush:

Nope. Fortunately those days are gone. Just use your device. The only thing you might be concerned with are extremes in heat, for instance leaving it in a hot car for months.

Oh yeah, and if you’re going to store it for months, leave it half charged.

2 Likes

Thanks I won’t. So just to be sure. There is absolutely NO danger for damage to the battery to leave the charger in anymore? Wow. I’m not sure I’ll be able to stop doing that. So much in my muscle memory to tear that cable out once the charge is full. And I’m still gonna drain it before I charge it. I can’t get past why that isn’t important. I have always been told that ions must keep moving to stay fit :laughing:

Isn’t it ionic …

1 Like

From the horse’s mouth:

Hahaha I loved that. One if my favorite songs btw :joy:

1 Like