Now that I have a major project done, I’m seriously thinking of upgrading to Monterey. I know some people still have problems with it but I’m willing to take the leap. But what I want to do is do a clean install. I haven’t done that in a long time. The reason is because I feel like my computer has some odd behavior and I’d rather start from scratch since I’m upgrading anyway.
Now, maybe if I just upgrade to Monterey, things will get fixed. And after I typed this whole thing out, maybe I just do the upgrade, see how things go and if need be, do a clean install after a month of using it.
Maybe my search skills stink but when I searched here for tips, I came up a bit dry. This was one post that did come up:
Wondering if anyone can point me to a really good resource/checklist of things I should do and take note of and warnings as I go through the process.
Can I create an exact clone if things go horribly wrong?
I know there was a site that listed out compatible software with OSs but the name escapes me.
A few key items about my setup.
- I have a 2019 MacBook Pro 16" (Intel)
- I’m using Catalina right now
- I do have an iPad and iPhone attached to my iCloud account. Much data is synced there.
- I do have files on Dropbox.
- I have a sub to MS 365.
- I use 1pw Family plan.
- I use Setapp
- I do a SuperDuper backup to an external hard drive
- I do an Arq backup to Onedrive
- I do have some Mac App Store subscriptions
Thanks for the help.