Cleaning your screen

How do you clean your Mac screen? Rubbing alcohol? Water?

I normally use a soft cloth (old t-shirt) and water (damp not wet)

2 Likes

I use the same stuff I use for cleaning my glasses (no clue what’s in it, unfortunately), and a microfiber cloth.

1 Like

I use eyeglasses cleaner and a soft cloth.

1 Like

My girlfriend learned of this product called Whoosh! that is said to be used at Apple stores.

3 Likes

+1 on Whoosh. This is a great one the liquid and the cleaning cloths.

2 Likes

Can vouch for the use of Whoosh at my old Apple store. Fantastic cleaning solution that did not harm computer displays or iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch glass. Avoid anything Ammonia or Vinegar based.

Pro tip: Microfiber cloth should be washed in HOT water only with the tiniest amount of detergent added needed.
DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTENER!
Air dry if possible or lowest heat setting.

I used to take home and wash around 75-100 towels from the Genius Room weekly. Those were really filthy because some customers are disgusting.

4 Likes

I’d check this link out:

1 Like

I remember Whoosh being sold and used in my Apple store, but have not seen it in a while. Do you have any idea why Apple became disenchanted with this product? It always seemed to work well for me.

1 Like

Support Doc! If I had a bell, I’d ring it.

2 Likes

I use a microfiber cloth. I bought some from a (I think a dutch brand) https://supershineonline.nl (site is in dutch). I use these to clean glasses but also my Apple devices. No fluid needed and it machine washable.

With fluids you need to be careful because of the coating on displays (and most of the time also glasses).

1 Like