CleanMyMacX error while cleaning up system junk?

Click on the disclosure triangles to see where the errors are.

hi. having same problem here. I tried having cleanmymac repair permissions. but to no avail. I can’t uninstall these apps

Are you using a macOS account that has administrator privileges?

1 Like

yes. this account is the administrator. I have found out the you can manually delete it by locating it in your library and manually entering your password. but that’s a lot of work. :confused:

Does CleanMyMac have Full disk access?

You give it access, yes.

Recently I had to deal with a couple of installers and other apps that I could not remove. Non repair permissions procedures helped not even with a root account could delete them!

I figured out that this was caused by a rebuild from time machine during a previous problem that needed to be solved.

I finally was able to get permission to delete these apps and installers by reinstalling macOS.

1 Like

I found that going to “action” and clicking deauthenticate, and then immediately after, clicking authenticate and entering your password fixed this problem for me

1 Like

Thank you, that is the most elegant solution :slight_smile:

Hey there I’ve been having this same issue but
thing is that when I go to privacy I cannot find the full disk access option. It’s not there. I am running my mac from an admin account.

You’re missing a lot there, like Advertising, Automation, Camera, and Microphone. It would help to know what version os macOS you’re using - but based on what I see I’d go into Users & Groups and confirm you’re in an Admin account…

Hi folks, I am having the same issue even though I already did permission
that was all after I upgraded to macOS Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559)

and here is my permission for it

I was strugling badly, contacted support team and they got me over on a website virsion… See picture attached! FML Appstore version suck…

I know this is an older thread but wanted to thank you @MacExpert - I was struggling with this error on my mac. I think it must have been caused by the upgrade to Sonoma. I tried everything but in the end what fixed it was as you said - simply change my password and reboot. I then changed it back, rebooted, and all good.

1 Like

Please help! I have been dealing with this issue of system log and system junk error for two weeks and have tried everything with no success. My mac gets so slow and I don’t know what else to do. Man thanks for your help!

Have you read this thread? CleanMyMacX error while cleaning up system junk? - #6 by Benjamin_D

Yes I have and had no success with the suggestions.

Perhaps seek guidance from the CleanMyMac folks?

ps. I would never use CleanMyMac on my computers. Just me.

1 Like

What would you do to speed up your mac?