CleanMyMacX error while cleaning up system junk?

Recently I had to deal with a couple of installers and other apps that I could not remove. Non repair permissions procedures helped not even with a root account could delete them!

I figured out that this was caused by a rebuild from time machine during a previous problem that needed to be solved.

I finally was able to get permission to delete these apps and installers by reinstalling macOS.

1 Like

I found that going to “action” and clicking deauthenticate, and then immediately after, clicking authenticate and entering your password fixed this problem for me

1 Like

Thank you, that is the most elegant solution :slight_smile:

Hey there I’ve been having this same issue but
thing is that when I go to privacy I cannot find the full disk access option. It’s not there. I am running my mac from an admin account.

You’re missing a lot there, like Advertising, Automation, Camera, and Microphone. It would help to know what version os macOS you’re using - but based on what I see I’d go into Users & Groups and confirm you’re in an Admin account…

Hi folks, I am having the same issue even though I already did permission
that was all after I upgraded to macOS Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559)

and here is my permission for it

I was strugling badly, contacted support team and they got me over on a website virsion… See picture attached! FML Appstore version suck…

I know this is an older thread but wanted to thank you @MacExpert - I was struggling with this error on my mac. I think it must have been caused by the upgrade to Sonoma. I tried everything but in the end what fixed it was as you said - simply change my password and reboot. I then changed it back, rebooted, and all good.

1 Like

Please help! I have been dealing with this issue of system log and system junk error for two weeks and have tried everything with no success. My mac gets so slow and I don’t know what else to do. Man thanks for your help!

Have you read this thread? CleanMyMacX error while cleaning up system junk? - #6 by Benjamin_D

Yes I have and had no success with the suggestions.

Perhaps seek guidance from the CleanMyMac folks?

ps. I would never use CleanMyMac on my computers. Just me.

1 Like

What would you do to speed up your mac?

Lots of advice out there on that “interweb” thingy. Some good, some not. Reader beware.

Except for their endorsement of CleanMyMac (ironically one of their sponsors with an advertisement on this page when I read it just now) which I do not want to use, advice at

looks reasonable to me. Take on that advice with care and scepticism, though.

That’s just me. You and others can do what you want.