Clipboard Manager - Need a powerhouse

M1 mbair, ipad air4, iphone.

30+ year trial lawyer. intermediate-to-advanced mac/windows kung fu. not a coder but a cheater. limitations are time and energy.

just moved to DT for case management.
building my own contact manager in filemaker 19. [what’s the problem with purchased products? they’re too goddamn layout happy. cram it all on one page and use tabs if needed. it’s not that difficult].
working on automating various printing tasks.

nutshell task:

• searching for a clipboard manager that’ll maintain the integrity of the text boxes shown in the pic below. the app is Pages, my preference for writing and constructing documents.

i’ve recently used Paste with some success, however, saved items tend to lose stickiness for some reason, and it is unpredictable in this regard.

i’ve tried a few others but can’t recall the names.

ANYONE got an app that’ll do whats needed, here. something that’ll throw the boxes w/ text onto a page, and maintain font settings, formatting, and alignment on the page?

ios integration ability is irrelevant. to my needs.

thanks much and cheers,

YES i’ve saved it as a template but i need it on the fly, too.

sv

Copy Em seems to work. I tried it with a text box in Pages and it save dthe box border and text formatting.

2 Likes

thanks. i’ll give it a try!

PasteBot? I use it every day.

1 Like

I recommend looking at Keyboard Maestro. It has great clipboard history/manipulation as well as an infinite number of arbitrarily named keyboards.

Read a little about it here, and search on the excellent user forum here.

As a bonus, it will automate ANYTHING you want to do on your Mac. Any feature of any app or setting—built in or made through GUI commands—is a macro away. Man, I love that program!

2 Likes

this is the direction i’m headed. i have the app; just haven’t had time to dive in. i’ve explored and piddled but that’s about it.

Just piddle around in it. Lurk on the forum, watch a few YouTube videos, and read the excellent online manual. You’ll constantly discover new things it can do, but you can get your money’s worth by using its simplest features (text snippets, clipboard history, better app switching, on-the-fly one-off macros).

2 Likes