I was wondering if anyone has a good workflow for cloud storage.
Cloud Services I have
- Google Drive
- OneDrive (out of force not need)
- I do not pay for it. Regular account with about 10 GB of free space due to invitations over the years.
- Pay the fee because members on the team still prefer using Microsoft, I get 1 TB from it, but the interface is clunky that I prefer not to go near it at all.
- I do not pay for it. I have an old account with about 60 GB of free space due to invites over they years. Not many people I know use it for some reason.
- I don’t fully utilize it, I have the 200 GB option, if I have apps that rely on it, I use that. Also used as a 2nd backup in case something happens to my iPhone or iPad.
- I have 20+ accounts for different areas that I am involved in. Mainly share a parent folder across all accounts so that whatever I need is accessible.
I can’t really have all these installed on my computer anymore. I have tried using Cloud Mounter, oDrive, but I feel like something is always missing. I have thought about going all-in on just 1 provider, but then this might not work for all team projects I am involved in.
I’ve also thought about removing the apps from my mac, and routing all of them to my Synology instead. Then just mount the NAS. But then the Finder doesn’t play well and things lag.
How does everyone battle the typical concept, “out of sight, out of mind” ?? But if I can’t see it on my mac, then I am going to forget it exists and sometimes end up creating double work.