Cloudflare DNS, anyone?

Is anybody using Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1), and if so what has been your experience with it?

I have, and it’s been fine, I have not noticed ether speed up or slowdown

Yes. Really haven’t noticed any difference. Works fine. Hoping company will honor its privacy policies. Time will tell.

1 Like

Its my default followed by Quad9 (9.9.9.9)

If you want to filter and put a barrier in place consider using OpenDSN (Umbrella).

I have been using it and it has worked fine. I can’t say that I have seen any kind of profound performance improvement … but the privacy aspect is nice.

OK, thanks everyone, I’ll give it a go. This will be my first step towards installing a pi-hole and DNSCrypt.

Install and run DNSBench (windows only unfortunately) to see which DNS service gives you the best performance. For me, Cloudflare (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1) is the fastest and Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) is a very close second.

1 Like

I’ve used Cloudflare with no problems and it was faster than Google which I was using. Time difference was only observable when directly measuring response.

I have been using 1.1.1.1 for a while and am happy. If I notice a network slowdown, I give 9.9.9.9 a try.