Colormunki Display not being recognized on 2019 MacBook Pro

Hi there, I’m a professional photographer and it’s hugely important to me that I keep my displays color calibrated. I do this by using an x-rite Colormunki Display, which has a USB-A connector on, and thus I have to use an Apple USB-A to USB-C adapter, as this allows me to calibrate my Mac Studio and 2019 MacBook Pro. Both computers are running the same MacOS (13.0.1) and the same version of ccStudio. When I connect the Colormunki Display to my Mac Studio, the software sees the device and I can profile the display. However, using the same hardware, when I connect it to any of the 4 USB-C ports on my MacBook Pro, the software does not see the device. When I then go to System Settings → System Report → USB, I see the Colormunki Display listed on on the bus. I’ve even tried using a different Apple USB-A to USB-C adapter, but I get no joy.

Any suggestions on why the ccStudio app might be failing to see the Colormunki Display on my MacBook Pro, and what I can do to resolve the issue?

I don’t know if you have resolved your issue, but here is how I resolved it: I kept uninstalling and reinstalling everything from i1Studio and CC Studio but I noticed at installation that the XRD was greyed out and I couldn’t select it. I tried to install the CC Studio XRD but it wouldn’t let me do. So I figured I had a driver problem with the XRD and tried to search for that, and didn’t find anything on my computer, until I went to Login Items, and there I saw the XRD Software Update was turned off. There was an X-Rite toggle turned off as well. I turned both on, and my ColorMunki was connected. I can’t remember if I rebooted or not, so you might have to do that. I rebooted so many times, I don’t remember if the device just connected at the toggle on, or on the reboot. Hope this helps.