Congrats to @JohnATL 🏆

Looks like @JohnAtl was named “Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year” for the School of Biological Sciences at Georgia Tech. I know there are several teachers on MPU and so I’m sure I’m not alone in knowing how hard it is to teach, how rare validation like this is our line of work, and how good you have to be to actually achieve such distinction.

Way to go, John!

39 Likes

Well done @JohnAtl! :+1:

1 Like

Wow! Thanks @beck, @anon41602260, and everyone!

13 Likes

Congratulations! With extra characters to make Discourse accept the post!!!

1 Like

Let me add my Congratulations!

1 Like

Conga Rats! :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

1 Like

Wow! Great achievement.

Congratulations John!

–
JJW

1 Like

Congratulations @JohnAtl

Not really a surprise, your
knowledge, and enthusiasm
come through every post.

2 Likes

Wow, really? I challenge you to try teaching for a full academic year, then reassess your statement.

2 Likes

Who on earth flagged the OP from @beck in this thread, and for what possible reason?

I may have tagged it by mistake, in trying to tag the aggressive post above yours; apologies.

1 Like

Thank you, Amy – whatever success I’ve had in life is due in large part to the mentors / teachers / instructors I’ve encountered along the way – and continue to encounter here and elsewhere. Kudos to you all.

1 Like

I flagged myself! 🤦 I’d never done it before and was trying to flag the other post.

7 Likes

Ah. Well, that can happen. Perhaps especially at this time of year, for academics. I hope your semester is ending well.

2 Likes

Congrats John. Great achievement.

2 Likes

Congrats @JohnAtl! Seeing your insightful posts on a range of topics here I am not surprised to see you get this award. Hope you get to celebrate it soon :partying_face:

2 Likes