Just to state the obvious, at this point I’d strongly consider waiting for the 13. Both as a matter of not getting a phone that’s already almost a year old, and as a matter of seeing if they even continue the mini form factor.
If you decide at the time of the 13’s release that you still want the 12 mini specifically, it’ll be cheaper. And if there’s a shiny new 13 mini, you’ll get a phone that’s a model newer.
But personally, I wouldn’t want to buy a mini now and then discover that it’s the last generation. I’d rather not get used to a size that’s being discontinued.