Contact App recommendations

Looking for contact app recommendations.

categorization / tagging is the most important thing to me

1. I want to see all of the contacts with a certain tag/group. This seems easy enough with the native contacts “group” functionality.
  2. When I’m in a specific contact, I want to see all of the tags associated with that contacts. It seems crazy that the native contacts app cannot do this (or I haven’t figured out how to do this), so I’m leaning towards BusyContacts

I’m happy with either iOS or Mac apps.

I have no need to send group emails/messages to these people.

I have about 1500 contacts that I’m trying to manage.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/ advice.

What do you mean by tags? To my knowledge, the contacts app doesn’t support tags (I’m thinking the Finder style tags here).

Tags / categories / groups, - I’m very flexible on the specific architecture

For example, I want to see that these 100 contacts are friends, and these 100 contacts are work colleagues, etc…

I also want to see that Jane Doe is both a work colleague and a friend when I look at her contact.

Cardhop.

It uses the native contacts, and turns Mac/iOS groups into tags. You can view all the tags for a given contact within their card, and also build Smart Groups around tags and other filters. Everything syncs to Mac and iOS version.

I gave up on BusyContacts. I used it as a secondary app for complex searches and filters, even though I didn’t like looking at it on the reg. I quit it completely after it lost contacts/data a few times. YMMV.

5 Likes

+1 on Cardhop

+1 on CardHop as well

Cardhop is fantastic. Do you know what cloud service your contacts are in? Groups work well for iCloud. Groups are not connected in Google.

Cardhop also has a smart groups. Cardhop 1.1 for Mac: Smart Groups | Flexibits

I haven’t tried it yet but it looks like there’s a new version of Contacts Journal CRM

It still allows tags.