Coolest Shortcut. Copy text from anything on screen. Potential MPU Guest

YouTube channel. MacMost, new videos every day for the Mac Power User.

This video shows you how to create a shortcut to copy anything that’s on your screen and convert it to text. Even things you can’t click on to copy.

I think Gary would be a great guest for MPU.

@MacSparky

4 Likes

I have CleanShot installed and hyperkey+1 does the same job :slight_smile:

Just link the shortcut - who has 7.5 minutes to watch YouTube?

2 Likes

Does a great job.

1 Like

I’m not sure why TextSniper is always brought up on the MPU show when I know both hosts have CleanShot and it does the exact same thing (and you can create your own custom shortcut for this). I believe both apps are on SetApp (which I don’t have). I don’t understand why folks who have access to both apps would ever use TextSniper …

Traditional text selection and CMD+C in a browser running the StopTheMadness extension works well enough for me. And the simplicity and utility of Apple’s latest screen grabber (SHIFT+CMD+4) is everything I need. Although I am willing to admit I may not know what I am missing. :slightly_smiling_face: (I did previously use the ScreenFloat app which memory says was a favorite here a couple years back.)

I’ve used PicaText for many years to do this, however it is no longer available. The shortcut has equivalent function and is free.

Here: Shortcuts

2 Likes

I second this. Gary would indeed be a great guest

1 Like

Thank you …to the point!!