Copied- Experience appreciated pro and con

I’ve used both Copied and Paste extensively.

Copied has more features, but I found that I wasn’t using most of the advanced features.

I’m currently using Paste. I really like the visual UI and attention to detail. It has quite a rich feature set, but still feels very simple and never gets in the way. It’s included with my Setapp subscription, which is a bonus.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

I used them all; it seems.

I was using Copied and then it seemed abandoned out for some time, so I switched to Paste thanks to @timstringer and then they added a subscription (not that I’m totally opposed). Then I tried Copy 'Em and have been using that ever since. Copy 'Em which has been great.

Copied worked well while it seemed abandoned, but I didn’t want to take my chances. I have used a sync’d clipboard for a very long time and can’t seem to live without one on Mac and iOS. It’s just how I work.

2 Likes

Copy 'em looks very interesting. It seems to have copied Copied (so to speak), and then built on it with some additional features.

Also, the iPhone app markets itself primarily as a bookmark manager, which is an angle I had not thought of for a clipboard manager but definitely works. I switch browsers with some regularity – I suspect many of us do – and a browser-neutral bookmark repository would be very helpful.

AND you can sort items by “last accessed,” which is something I used to do with bookmarks way back in the 90s, as a means of regularly checking a lot of sites – I used a Windows utility called PowerMarks for that, and I still miss it.

AND it looks like you can use it as a textexpander alternative/text snippets repository.

I’ll be checking out Copy 'em soon!

2 Likes

BTW, one ongoing problem I’ve had with all versions of Copied is that sync between the Mac and iOS is unreliable. It doesn’t work more often than it does. This has not proven to be a big deal for me, but it may be for some people

I’m told this is a problem with iCloud and iOS sync, and nobody really understands it except a few codemonkeys buried deep in the bowels of Cupertino.

1 Like

Thanks @timstringer that’s some useful feedback. I will be sticking with Paste as a result and agree with you that you often don’t need a lot of advanced features.

Curious to know, though, is if you’ve noticed the sync between Mac and iOS is buggy? I find there to be an intolerable lag that makes this specific feature mostly unusable since I have to keep refreshing.

That said, Mac/iOS’s Continuity feature, while often more reliable is also still pretty buggy and I’m hoping Big Sur somehow fixes this.

1 Like

Thanks @timstringer that’s some useful feedback. I will be sticking with Paste as a result and agree with you that you often don’t need a lot of advanced features.

You’re very welcome, @pendolino.

Curious to know, though, is if you’ve noticed the sync between Mac and iOS is buggy? I find there to be an intolerable lag that makes this specific feature mostly unusable since I have to keep refreshing.

I’ve generally found that it works well and I don’t recall seeing any lag. Consider reaching out to the developer if this continues to be an issue (if you haven’t already).

That said, Mac/iOS’s Continuity feature, while often more reliable is also still pretty buggy and I’m hoping Big Sur somehow fixes this.

Continuity has been working better for me in recent months. Though, I have had major issues with this feature in the past.

1 Like