Copied is now Copied Touch

I’m hearing from people in France on Twitter that Copied is pulled from the store. I think there’s some glitches going on because I’m noticed that my list colors keep getting wiped. Sync numbers are off between my iPhone and iPad. Just checked it’s pulled from the US Store

Sorry guys …didn’t foresee these glitches. I’ve been wanting a backup mechanism for our clippings so that we don’t have to upgrade in fear. I’m gonna send Kevin Change a feature request because this really need to be a standard features in all data collection apps

From the UK: Copied Touch does not appear to be in the store here.

This thread has, however, reminded me that I’d signed up for Paste at some point in the past and still have an “iOS Legacy” subscription. Haven’t been able to decipher what that actually means, but I’m going to give it another go to see if it has a place in my workflow.

Paste is definitely simpler. It’s a more visual UI, but it is being actively updated with new features and the sync has been rock solid for me. I got some free subscription as an existing user when they went subscription, but I am going to drop the $9.99 for another year and see where it goes.

1 Like

Copied Touch 4.01 just hit fixing database migration issues. Things seem to be stabilising as the colour of my lists have remained and everything populated quickly.

For me 4.0.1 crashes immediately at every App start…

Are you using iOS 14 beta? It now works great for me on my phone (iOS 13) but crashes at start on my iPad (iPadOS 14).

I had that happen and deleted and reinstalled no problems.

Mac version is now out on the Mac App Store. Looks MUCH better. Can go Full Screen or anything in between.

1 Like

Nice! I’m looking forward to returning to Copied on the Mac.

That is what I was planning to do on one of my devices (all running iOS 13.6).

Just did it. App starts again, but sync/fetch is super slow again: no entries yet…

Items returned on iPad & Mac, but not on iPhone…

(Tried multiple times, including re-installs, WiFi vs 4G)

Excellent. Thank you for persisting with your checkins for this.

1 Like

Excellent syncing so far in my limited testing. Looks like I’ll be switching back to Copied after a year of using Paste.

2 Likes

The 4.0.2 release that was supposed to fix a crash at startup actually introduces new crashes at startup…

So I had to re-install on iOS (again). Now the iPhone is syncing properly and the iPad not at all… (opposite of 4.0.1)

I’d love to use Copied again, but currently it’s not trustworthy :frowning:

Looks like there are two versions now? (Copied Touch & Copied)

(Copied Touch is apparently the old iOS App, Copied is a new universal purchase, but also applied to your old macOS purchase?)

While MacUpdater listed 4.0.1, 4.0.2, and 4.0.3 as updates I only get them on iOS, not on macOS (which remains at 4.0.0).

Is the same for other users?

The Mac app store is showing 4.0 as the latest.

1 Like

I just sent someone a really awkward message because Copied merged text that I had copied with something else from yesterday, and I didn’t notice it before I hit send. I won’t be keeping it running until they get this stuff worked out.

If you’re using the old Mac app, I think its version 2.x something then do what I did. I deleted Copied and reinstalled it. The reinstalled app version is 4.0.0. It has the same look and feel as the iOS app and everything syncs fine for me.

On the Mac, I’ve been getting “running out of memory” messages since I installed the new Copied. I checked in Activity Monitor, and Copied was using 78 GB of memory. Everything else I’m running is using at most tens or hundreds of megabytes.

So that’s a “nope” to Copied 4.0.0 for me. I’ll look into it again when it updates. I do prefer its interface to all other clipboard managers.

I filed a bug report with the developer this morning and he got back to me quickly with an update that we’re hopeful will solve the problem.

1 Like