Craft adds tables and asks for response to survey

What’s New In This Version

1. :rocket: Tables

We created tables in Craft to make sure you can quickly and easily start using them in your documents. In the future, we are planning to keep iterating on them, adding more capabilities and allowing larger tables.

Your feedback is essential, so please let us know, how you are using tables and what you would like to see next!

Adding Tables

You can always use the / slash command to add a new table quickly. Just type /table or the size of the needed table (up to 9), e.g., /4x4.

Mac

On Mac, we redesigned the first tab of the right sidebar. From here, you can add a table to the current page.

• • •

iOS

On iOS, you need to tap first to the + sign on the bottom left and then pick Tablefrom the horizontal list.

• • •

Web

On the Web, similar to the Mac app, you can insert a table from the right sidebar.

If you want to try out tables in the Web version, but you don’t have access yet, just sign up here: https://craftdocs.typeform.com/to/I2vQJGLu.

1. 6-min Survey

While Tables has been the single most requested feature - we know there’s still lots to do. When deciding on features, improvements, and direction of Craft, the most important signal is the voice of our users. We’re in the process of planning and prioritizing what to focus on in the next 6-12 months - and your input on this would be extremely important to ensure we get this right. If you could take 6 minutes of your time to fill out a short survey on your view - that would be an amazing help for our team.

2 Likes

I’m super excited about tables!

2 Likes

Nice. Can copy tables or parts of tables from Numbers and paste into Craft.

(I wish I had a reason to use Craft – just looks so nice – but, sigh, I don’t know why I need it.)

4 Likes

Nice implementations on the Tables. I’d really want to move my notes here, but the blocks are such a hindrance to my note-taking experience. Plus, still no Touchbar support. I’m now thinking that they’re not a fan of the Touchbar but as I said, it’s a great shortcut for people with RSI. I hope Bear would hurry it up with their next update as they have the beta that has Tables and markdown.

1 Like

I discovered that you can copy and paste a Craft table into iA Writer and it converts it to a markdown table. I’ve not tried it yet in Obsidian.

1 Like

I agree. I’d like to use Craft for longer form writing but I can’t stand writing in a block-based system. I responded to the survey and shared that frustration.

3 Likes

I did too!

I bought a Markdown Table app called Tables on my iPad in the past. Good to know this works!

1 Like

You can paste from Numbers into Craft. It doesn’t keep all the formatting, though.

2 Likes

ARGH… (moves notes again…)

3 Likes

It’s frustrating that Bear has been around so long (relatively) and has such a slooooooooooow pace of development. I bet that that beta has been around longer than some of the apps that have replaced it

3 Likes

Agreed, that’s why I switched from Bear to Craft. I really wanted Bear to be ‘it’ but the lack of collaboration / sharing was killing me.

1 Like

Tubular! I mean, tabular!

1 Like