David Sparks on App Store homepage

Just opened App Store and noticed @MacSparky on the home page :smiley: . Congrats, super well deserved!! :tada:

EDIT: My bad, forgot to add screenshot :smile: , please refer to @Evan 's post below

20 Likes

Can you share a screenshot, to keep the moment?
He is unfortunately not showing up at our App-Store.

Here’s what I see in the U.S. Mac App Store:

23 Likes

Thanks, gang … here’s the public link.

https://apps.apple.com/us/story/id1632063127

I did the interview months ago. I hope it helps some folks with Shortcuts for Mac. :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Congrats !!
I added a few shortcuts to my collection.

Haha! I was just about to post that here! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that somebody already beat me… :sweat_smile:

Dave’s no She-Hulk, Attorney at Law, but I’m sure his productivity insight and shortcuts are more beneficial to us MPU folks! :blush:

1 Like

Amazing! Didn’t know about the split screen shortcut its great!

Any way to split three apps three ways? (for my widescreen external monitor)

Huge congratulations @MacSparky!

Wow! You know you’ve arrived when your mug is on the front page of the App Store. Congrats @MacSparky !

3 Likes

BRILLIANT, David! GREAT job. Looking cool :sunglasses:

This made me smile. Good work @MacSparky !

And, that split screen shortcut is helpful. It was a good choice, I think, because it showed that shortcuts can be useful for ordinary folk.

Thanks.

The Split Screen setup shortcut is now used daily for me - essential.

That really has been my point with Shortcuts all along. Fancy shortcuts are very cool. But simple ones are probably the most useful.

1 Like

These look useful – particularly the split screen shortcut.

I am laughing at myself here because I did not think of that particular shortcut on my own.

For more than 35 years, I do the same thing when I am ready to sit down and get to work writing: I have my writing app in the right-hand side of the screen and the source document on the left-hand side of the screen. The two windows fill the whole screen, and there are the only apps on the screen.

Nowadays, it’s Obsidian on the right side of the screen, and the browser, a PDF, a Word document, or another Obsidian window on the left side of the screen.

So why didn’t I think to automate that process?

@macsparky I haven’t tried your split screen shortcut yet but I don’t like split screen on the Mac very much. Would you know how to set up something like stage manager without the, uh, stage manager part of it?

The article has now just appeared on the UK App Store.

1 Like

I saw it this morning on the Spanish App Store page!

That’s one slow internet connection getting across the Atlantic to everyone over here!