Detecting Pegasus Software with iMazing

Came across this blog post from iMazing about detecting Pegasus. The free version of iMazing will even try to detect the spyware.

3 Likes

I’m surprised this exploit from NSO Group in Israel has been around so long, and that Apple hasn’t taken steps to prevent it.

It’s a good thing I’m not doing something radical like trying to reduce obesity in Mexico, or I could be a target too.

2 Likes

definitely a lot simpler than what I was following:

Have used iMazing for a long time. It is a great software to manage your phone

Yes, likewise, thanks for posting this. I had the instructions @simonsmark posted open in a tab but I might not have gotten around to them. Clean bill of health!

I’ve wondered about that especially since it has been around for a while now. I haven’t had a chance to check my phone yet but I will as soon as I get home.

1 Like

I can’t post video or audio here so I will just quote what I just spent 10 minutes relocating and clipping out of a podcast.

While I agree that a widely deployed tool can create a lot of noise, this is way overstated.

1 Like

I think the podcaster’s point is Pegasus is a highly targeted piece of software that will only be used against a handful of people. That’s not to say other ways of exploiting the loophole it uses are not around, but searching for Pegasus won’t find those. Meanwhile, it is believed iOS 14.7 plugs the hole.

I certainly won’t be worrying about checking.