DEVONthink Apple Mail Extension Installed but Not Showing Up in Apple Mail

I want to archive my Apple Mail to DT. DT shows that the Apple Mail add-on is installed but nothing is showing up in Apple Mail. Also, I find no import option for Apple Mail in DT scripts.

How can I correct this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

This covered in so many posts in the DEVONthink forum which is a better resource for your DEVONthink learnings and questions. Or see page 58 of the “DEVONthink Handbook”.

Hint: in Mail, look under the “General” button, the “add-ins”. Notice on your first screen shot it says “Apple Mail Plugin” not “Apple Mail Extension”. I haven’t a clue on difference between a Plugin or Extension, though.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’m doing this correctly, but…
In DevonThink, under the View menu, there’s an Import option. Click on that and that, for me, brings up the folder hierarchy in Apple Mail, and I can drag over emails as I need them.

Or, if you enable the plugin in Apple Mail (in Preferences, the General tab), you an add a mailbox or an individual email by looking in the Mailbox or Message menu.

I’m sure there are better ways of doing this, but I only send a small amount of emails to Devonthink so I haven’t looked at this too much.

:slightly_smiling_face: @Bmosbacker See also page 106-112 of the free PDF ebook Take Control of DEVONthink 3 version 1.8

1 Like

it is under Preference > General > Manage Plug-ins (bottom left corner of the screen)

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 4.18.57 pm

2 Likes

Yes, I found it; I’d been looking under extensions. 🫢

1 Like