DEVONthink Field Guide now available

I personally do not have any issues with DEVONthink and CloudKit, it has been working reliable and fast since I started using it, which is when it became available.

I did use Dropbox in the past, which work fine, but I discontinued Dropbox. Bounjour is very reliable and fast, but you will need to make sure you sync before you leave the house (or work).

2 Likes

Iā€™m unemployed so $44 is a huge chunk out of my income. But after reading your review and listening to the podcast I decided to purchase it.

I was HUGELY disappointed to see he has put it up again, now $58.

I just canā€™t afford that much so Iā€™m gonna have to pass.

:relieved:

Where do you see $58? I see $49 in the marketing site and in the cart.

Ya know, DEVONthink comes with a pretty good user manual and I think a free DEVONthink book is still offered on the Take Control Books website.

5 Likes

Edit: the difference is sales tax (VAT)ā€¦ included automatically in the UK.

Interesting, I also see this:

I always recomend one of Davidā€™s Field Guides for any app without hesitation. My own experience though with DEVONthink 3 is this. I didnā€™t make much progress with it until one day I just bit the bullet and started using it all the time. I donā€™t think it helps to ā€˜nibbleā€™ at it. It is useful I found when one hardly knows any of its functions or even really how it works very well even.
Though I would say start using the AI from getgo, even if one thinks of it as a simple ā€˜searchā€™ function.
It took me over five years of using ā€˜remindersā€™ to click that it was really just a ā€˜smart ruleā€™ for example. I only found that out indirectly by finally deciding I wanted the sound off, or at least know how to turn it off.

4 Likes

Taxing learning materials to fund a government should be illegalā€¦

2 Likes

Both books and ebooks are zero rated as are, I believe, courses that include a live teaching element or courses for matriculated students.

This probably falls under a broad category of ā€œdigital servicesā€. I agree entirely with your sentiment, although the Revenue and Customs presumably donā€™t want endless legal disputes over what constitutes a ā€œlearning resourceā€.

1 Like

Are there any current discounts available for the Devonthink Field Guide?

Alternatively what do the ā€œSpecialā€ Filed Guide discounts for tier 2 Sparkylabs members consist off? Just wondering if its worth biting the bullet and joining.