Disable "Sure You Want To Move This Document" Warnings

Does anyone know of a way to disable the below “Alerts/Warnings” when you are moving documents INTO or BETWEEN iCloud folders. I have several iCloud folders shared between me and my wife and it is really annoying whenever moving a file into/between these folders that this warning pops up. I’m aware there are settings in “Finder” preferences do disable alerts when moving files OUT of iCloud folders but this is the opposite - moving INTO iCloud folders.

It is an option under the finder app.

Thanks for the heads up, @F.Jones. Like @sgclark, I’d rather turn off this prompt. It’s good to know there’s a way!

As I noted, I’m aware of that Setting in Finder and it is only relevant when moving files OUT OF iCloud folders.

The use case I’m talking about is moving files INTO iCloud folders and the setting you note in Finder does not cover that use case.

Do you have it off? I can move both in and out without a warning if I have that unchecked.

Like @F.Jones I can move in and out without getting this message. I don’t share any iCloud folders, so maybe this warning comes only if you share folders.

As far as I can tell, an alert appears whenever a file/folder is moved out of a shared iCloud Drive folder, even if the file/folder is being moved to another iCloud Drive folder.

One workaround (which may not be practical in all cases) is to share a master folder that contains all of the folders being shared with one or more other people. There shouldn’t be a warning if documents are moved within this master folder as they’re all staying within the confines of the folder.

2 Likes

Yeah I have it off but I’m still seeing the warning.

It happened when I was moving files into the shared folder. I’ll do some more tests to detail specific use cases.

I think that is the difference as the alert mentions something to that effect.

1 Like