Do we have anyone using Encrypt.me?

I’m traveling in Spain and have been using Encrypt.me everywhere I can.

In our apt. i. Sevilla, all ; of our iOS devices kept dropping thd WiFi connection just after thd vpn engages. I had configured Encrypt.me to suit engages, in case we forgot.

It took me a while to figure it out. Encrypt.me I’d buggy as hell when using the auto-engage feature. Once I turned that off, we were always able to connect the vpn, after the WiFi connection was established. After going through this experience again, I had remembered that I’ve had this problem as long as I e been using Encrypt.me. Tech support doesn’t want to help. their response I’d always the same. Uninstall and reinstall the profile. Has anyone else had this issue?

Yes, I’m a long time user of Encrypt.me (and Cloak before that).

VPN on Demand has been working fine for most of the time, but recently I have been experiencing the same issue as you and my only resolution is to re-install the profile (every time it happens; currently once in a few days).

It’s quite frustrating. If things don’t improve they might lose me as a customer.

1 Like

FYI an Eero Plus subscription includes Encrypt.me so there are a number of discussions about it in the Eero subreddit. Something there might help you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/eero/search?q=encrypt.me&restrict_sr=on&include_over_18=on&sort=relevance&t=all

2 Likes

I’ve noticed an uptick in connection problems as well. Sometimes I have to add the network as trusted to allow it to connect then engage the VPN. Definitely been more of a problem lately, but only with the VPN on Demand portion.

1 Like

I’ve also been using it since It was Closk, and remember having the same issue with auto- connect that far back

I’ve just received the following from Encrypt.me.
Some changes are in store

" Allow me to Introduce… myself…

I’m Terry Myers and the new Encrypt.me General Manager.

Encrypt.me was recently acquired by j2 Global. As part of that acquisition, our team became the foundation of a new Consumer Privacy & Protection business within j2. This team’s mission is to empower a private, secure, and unrestricted internet globally.

To address any immediate concerns: there will be no price changes or changes to your service. Nick Nelson has been promoted to General Manager of the Consumer Privacy & Protection (called NetProtect) and Jacob Wall is now VP of Business Operations. I’ve had the pleasure of working with these guys, as well as Rob Walker, in past companies.

I’ve been a fan of Encrypt.me since it was Cloak. I encourage direct and honest feedback - replies to this email come directly to me, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Here’s some improvements to expect this summer:

• A clear no logging policy. We will retain only the data we absolutely have to and we will clearly communicate what we store and for how long
  • Feature enhancements to Private End-points. Open source and hosted on-premise or on AWS
  • iOS 13 specific features. The team was at WWDC this week! Look forward to cool stuff like Sign In with Apple, Dark mode, and backend optimizations taking advantage of new iOS 13 backend code
  • New cities and regions for the Encrypt.me network - as an Ohio native, I look forward to additional local endpoints.

Finally, you’ll soon be able to submit product feature requests and upvote feature requests from other customers. Our team will use this tool to prioritize our development efforts, meaning you’ll be able to guide the direction of Encrypt.me.

Thanks again for your time and continued support of Encrypt.me. We truly appreciate it. I look forward to leading efforts to secure your privacy on the Internet.

Thanks,

Terry Myers
Encrypt.me General Manager
terry.myers@netprotect.com"

This does not bode well, in my opinion.

Several years ago J2 - then known as jfax - bought out its main competitor Efax.com, the proceeded to ruin it. The resulting renamed company’s fax product was not as good as efax’s, and they dramatically increased the price of the service as well.

I have a free, grandfathered-in phone number from efax, but J2 changed the format of the fax and voicemail documents, the Mac app for that service hasn’t worked on the last several MacOS versions, and their customer service to me consisted of sending and resending canned script emails with URLs that were unhelpful.

If they’re smart they’ll leave alone the management of encrypt.me but I’m not confident of the service’s future based on prior actions of the new owners.

I used Encrypt.me in the past for occasional VPN needs, but recently signed up with IVPN after looking through The Wire Cutter’s roundup/review of services

2 Likes

Excerpt from a recent email from encrypt.me

Here’s some improvements to expect this summer:

• A clear no logging policy. We will retain only the data we absolutely have to and we will clearly communicate what we store and for how long
  • Feature enhancements to Private End-points. Open source and hosted on-premise or on AWS
  • iOS 13 specific features. The team was at WWDC this week! Look forward to cool stuff like Sign In with Apple, Dark mode, and backend optimizations taking advantage of new iOS 13 backend code

I’m not impressed- none of those address thd issues I’ve had with that vpn for the last several years

Not intended to respond to your issues. It begins to address/respond to privacy issues often expressed in the forum