Do you Shower with your Apple Watch 3?

I just did some work in my stream (with a pickaxe) with my watch on; It got splattered with mud… :slight_smile:

I only take my series 3 off when I sleep, this thing goes through shower and sea water and it’s still going strong
That’s why we use Apple devices, because generally speaking you can bank on their claims :smiley:

1 Like

I think Shampoo and soap contain chemicals that can cause some damage to the apple watch!

Correct.

I have had a Series 1 for over two years and showered nearly daily with it - ZERO problems. Now I own a Series 3 and it too has not been problematic when I shower with it.

Initially I didn’t only because I’d wake up and not be wearing my S2 that early.

Once I started swimming with it to track my workouts. (averaging 1000m 3x a week – training for a race :slight_smile: ) I’d leave it on and never had an issue with it.

Just traded it in for the series 4 and still no worries whatsoever.

Still showering and bathing with my Series 3. I seriously doubt I get enough soap etc on it for it to matter.

I only take it off at night as I am closing my rings religiously at the moment.

1 Like

AFAIK it just makes the screen unresponsive. A few times I’ve experienced that my screen has been active - maybe due to particles in the water or whatnot.

The noise it makes when you unlock it again clears the speaker.

Yes, that too :slight_smile:

I’m showering with my 2015 MacBook Pro right now. #productivity

7 Likes

Is it alright to wear an Apple Watch Series 4 while doing swimming laps?

Any experience with that out There?

Works great - I’ve been using mine during workouts in the water since I got it without any problems

1 Like

So it bears to be under water for extended periods?
I swim a very rudimentary and slog breaststroke style, so I wasn’t sure if it was possible.

Yup, I usually swim for an hour or so, and it’s never caused problems for me.

Just wipe the watch after drying off, turn the digital crown until all water has dissipated from the watch and it’s back to normal again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, regularly. Series 2 Aluminum

1 Like

The Apple Watch series 4 has a function to wipe off water? What is that exactly? It’s like a rain drop in the control panel

That’s just the indicator that the watch display is locked after having detected the watch being submerged into water

1 Like

Three years (and two months) later, battery fatigue means that I now have to remember to charge the watch after dinner, or else it will run out of battery overnight.

I’m using a Series 1 watch, BTW–possibly the oldest working daily Watch on the forum!

6 Likes

Water Lock from Apple