Do you Shower with your Apple Watch 3?

I got an apple watch series 3 about 2 months ago and I’ve been showering with it since. I recently heard that shampoo and soap can degrade the waterproofing on the device. Does anyone else shower with their apple watch on or have I made a terrible mistake?

Yep I shower with my apple wactch 3 every time, have done so ever since it came out kast year.

What material? Aluminum? Stainless steel? Ceramic?

Yep. Also showered and swam with the series 0 and never had a problem.

1 Like

I shower with my 5 days a week with mine. Series 3, space gray aluminum.

I have the Aluminum model

I don’t personally but I wash dishes with it in water resistant mode.

No, but I rinse it off in the sink after a run, just to get the sweat off.

Yes. I shower, swim, and do water-related chores with it on. Series 2 Space Gray Aluminum. Most the time I forget to put it in water resistant mode as @Jonathan_Davis mentioned. I’ve really never understood what that mode does. I just know that I’ve never had any problems…even after spending hours in the pool with it on. I’m sure I could do some research quickly and figure it out but I guess I’ve never had a desire to really figure out the difference between water mode on or off! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope. I like to get my wrist clean too. :wink:

Also, shower time is charging time. And I charge the watch when I’m washing up and brushing my teeth first thing in the morning and last thing at bedtime. Those three intervals keep the watch charged all day, and at night while I’'m wearing it to sleep.

11 Likes

I used to but as mentioned previously I now charge it starting when I wake up. Aluminum space gray.

I have showered and swam with my series 0, 2 and 3 stainless steel (regular and space black) and have had no issues.

I’ll save you the time :wink:

Water resistant mode simply turns off the touch sensor on the face. When you turn it back off by rotating the crown, it uses a tone to clear water from the speaker.

The actual water-resistance isn’t changed by enabling or disabling the mode.

5 Likes

I shower with my Series 2 (rose gold aluminium) all the time - I wear it in the pool, while washing dishes, at the beach…basically, everywhere I go. I haven’t noticed any degredation to the watch face but the band has taken a battering over time and I’ve replaced it.

I shower and swim with mine. Every now and again I forget i’m wearing it after a swim and end up in the sauna and steam room with it on. It’s been fine. I know Apple don’t recommend that but i’m starting to see more and more people wearing them in there.

I shower with my Series 3 and tell myself it’s helping keep the watch clean. :slight_smile: And I have plenty of opportunities to wash my wrist when I don’t have the watch on - given I let it charge when I’m asleep.

2 Likes

I do swim with mine, but I never shower with due to the soap. The reason is because I’ve read Apple’s knowledge base article about water resistance. Here it states:

“Showering with Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch Series 3 is ok, but we recommend not exposing Apple Watch to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and perfumes as they can negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes. Apple Watch should be cleaned with fresh water and dried with a lint free-cloth if it comes in contact with anything other than fresh water.”

It’s not a big deal to take it off during the shower anyway. Messages can wait :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting about soap. I leave my Watch on when I wash my hands, and have noticed no deleterious effects.

Thanks…that what I figured because I haven’t had any problems either way. I usually turn it on after swimming or showering and then spin the crown to activate the water evacuation tones.

Only if I’ve been swimming beforehand.