Does anyone use learning management system or paid webinars?

I’m looking into creating course and webinars and using some type of CRM like system. I’d love to hear what other people are using and why.

Building Course
I’ve been looking at Teachable, Thinkific, and Kajabi to create my own courses and sell them on my site. I’ve also thought about testing courses first on Skillshare before putting them on my own site. I know David sells his as standalone assets. I’d love to hear why. What does Asian Efficiency use for their course?

Webinars
I’ve been looking at Crowdcast, WebinarJam, GoToWebinar, and Zoom.

CRM
I’ve been looking at true CRMs like Pipeline, Capsule, Infusion Soft, and Zoho. But I think I might be better off with something like ConvertKit. That would be my CRM and e-mail marketing together.

I’ve used GoToWebinar for my full time job and It works well. It is quite expensive if you don’t do them regularly but it’s got a lot of features and they are all well integrated. My only complaint is that we’ve had issues with their automatic emails containing information on how to access the webinars seem to be blocked from reaching some of our users inbox. This can be a big pain having to manually send out codes.

1 Like

This isn’t my area of expertise, but we are using Zoom for our Mastermind group video meetings, and it is the lowest friction system that I’ve used. When we use Skype at school, there is always a lot of drama.

Plus, with Zoom, you can attach an iPad to a Mac with a USB cable and share its screen with Zoom!

2 Likes

I’d avoid using something like Skillshare or Udemy. Their terms usually mean they can put things on sale whenever they like, and they usually have quite a few rights.

If you sell your items as standalone assets you’re in control - which is a significant advantage!

I’ve been using Zoom quite a bit recently. Their pricing is reasonable, and they even have live streaming options for YouTube and the like.

Happy to chat with you about this! In my day job, my office runs all edtech services (and institutional research reporting) for a College (which includes our LMS - Jenzabar’s eLearning), but I’m also experienced with Teachable (using that now in my consulting business), Teachery (used it before but dropped it for Teachable), and Zoom (just picked this up as the institutional-wide license for the College. Note: Zoom has a webinar feature that may handle what you need as opposed to needing to buy separate webinar software.

I like how Teachable connects with a few different services, like ConvertKit, which we use as our internal email marketing campaign software. Let me know if you have any specific questions :slight_smile: